Saturday 6 October 2012

Rotorua

Rotorua

Rotorua, how much fun
Us kids said as we started to run
The car was packed we were ready to go
Off to the STINKY mud pools oh no!

When we arrived we saw the huge place
The Rydge's they called it
"Hey! Come grab your suitcase."

Up the lift to room 319
Into the room, "Hey that beds mine!"
"What should we do?' Dad said excitedly
"I don't know. Don't ask me!!!"
Dad said "lets got to the luge."
OKAY, We agreed. "We'll be there soon."

Grab the helmets grab a ride
Down the track, many people passed by my side.
At the bottom, the luge isn't for me
Up the chairlift, yipee!

Ella, Mum and Dan go another time
This time a HUGE line.
We go down the gondola eating ice cream
As we go down we hear a scream.

The sky swing swoops and soars
So thats where the scream came. Of course.

Domino's pizza, Yummy yummy.
After that I have a full tummy.
Go to sleep at half past eight
Oh no! Better get up it's getting late.

We are going to rainbow springs.
Going to see kiwis and lots of other things
First of all we see the trout
Swimming there and about.
Next we see the kiwi pecking around
Finding wriggly worms in the ground
We go on a ride called the BIG SPLASH
Tells you history in a flash.
Playing on the playground is lots of fun
After a while we are done.
Watching the bird show is cool
The sun shining ready to get home to the pool.
Soon we have to go home
We'll come back at night to see the kiwis out of their dome.

For dinner we go to the Kurious Kiwi restaurant
Ummm... I want..........
We go back to see the kiwis so close
I've always wanted to see them the most.

Time for bed. A big day.
"We're going home tomorrow." My parents say.

On Sunday we pack our bags and get ready to leave
Lugging our bags heave ho heave.
We stop off at the agrodome to see the farm
Lets hope the weather stays calm.
seeing the sheep show is so cool
I even get to keep some wool.
I got to go on stage and feed the baby sheep
They were so cute. The one I fed I wanted to keep.
We went on a tour ride on the tractor
A cow stood right in front of us
We nearly smacked 'er.

Next we went home in the car
Picked our dog, Meg, up
Barking about her holidays
Blah Blah Blah.
Meg's running around the house
Having a peek
The best part of all
THERE'S STILL ANOTHER WEEK!!!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sopie,

    I really liked the your rhyme. It was like a song
    I hope you had fun, but I can read that any way!

    From Leva.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your poem Sophie. It reminded me of when I was your age and we went on a family holiday to Rotorua; we did those things too!

    ReplyDelete